Wednesday, February 6, 2008

the way i feel about you on sunday night.



what was it you liked about me in the first place?

i know i wasn't your wendy then. picking up your emotional damage like dirty socks (?)

when i let you lower myself esteem so much that i thought it was something to do with me?

how did i second guess myself in your mirror. face twisted and overslept.

you avoid the question like the week old leftovers in the back of the frig.

you take no blame for how i feel. you say it's just that. but just because we can doesn't mean we should. or maybe its vis versa.

could you even get it up for her? did she remind you of me? was her skin soft, but not perfect? pants tight. mind aglow.

sometimes i can't believe i missed you.

you never tried before. why did i think this time was different.

what keeps you warm at night, _ _ _ _?

faded fantasies of the future? was it me once? is it still? which part of me?

wendy?

tinker bell?

peter pan?

oh that's right i almost forgot you haven't met the last one.

you tell me you never pretended not to be this selfish.

i think your better at lying than you really think you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your phone is off. But you should call me when you feel up to it. I worry, you know.