Wednesday, May 14, 2008

short wave radio, and lightning.



laying on the floor listening to Beirut

your fingers touching my teeth

his distance voice on my lips

glasses and your shaved head

snots and whistles

i wanna be close to you

but your all the way across town

as the sky dips and i'm wearing your smoke ring around my collar

why wont you touch me?

why wont you love me?

collapsed veins, swollen lips and

the way you use to look up at me from in between my legs

no one looks at me like that anymore

blurring the keys and

foot steps

we both wish for welcome home,

sanitarium

do your neighbors hate you

and i'm getting my nails done in the morning

if i stop missing you, and didn't fall in love again

i wouldn't have a muse anymore

kiss her eyelids goodnight and

walk the hillside to your doorstep

run your hands across my back looking at me from behind

biting my shoulders pulling my hips close to you

as my moans whipper in your ear

this ones for you and

you can tell everyone this is your song

kamel reds, old note books, and my ring doesn't fit right way round

as you're looking at my legs and the red lines

striped socks and emailed apologies

maybe Beirut and Devotchka can both play at our wedding

kiss me goodnight,

please tell me you love me one more time

and whisper sweet love songs in my heart.

No comments: