Thursday, May 1, 2008

' i loved a woman once and child i'm told '



slashers, burnt house, and my life in ruins

black spatter, done left and gone on

i'm cold, numb, and devoid of any kind of love you wanna throw my way

i'm tried so tried

it's over and i'm still pushing, stop me before the finally spill comes

it's gonna be quick

and then well be together on that lonely, lovely, sandy beach

just you and me watching those waves roll in and out

can you see me coming i'm so close now

they don't understand the depths of it

how close that bathtub and white dog are

that cute summer smile and laugh

that makes all the girls love you

we were good together, i tell him that

and they all roll their eyes

what have i done to myself

cut, burns, hangovers

and this overwhelming loneliness

it's broken, don't try to call it and save it

it's gone off that dove's wing

and i love her face so much

i wish i ever loved myself the way you saw me

splattered with salt

make it past light after light

voices in the distance

it would be just my luck for someone to catch me

blood, i did say harder

it's all a little scary locked in the green house of glory

i'm not gonna make it

say you're goodbyes while they last

' i gave her my heart but she wanted my soul '

No comments: