Saturday, March 1, 2008

we got the killers mixed up.



It started out with a kiss
you know you've only got one
How did it end up like this
Change your ways while you're young
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
Boy, one day you'll be a man
Now I’m falling asleep
Smile like you mean it
Now we're going to bed
We lost track of the time
And my stomach is sick
Dreams aren't what they used to be
And it’s all in my head
Some things slide by so carelessly
But she’s touching his—chest
Smile like you mean it
Now, he takes off her dress
And someone is playing a game
Now, let me go
Smile like you mean it
I just can’t look its killing me
Oh no, oh no no no
Choking on your alibi
But it’s just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I’m Mr Brightside
I never...
I never...
I never...




When there's nowhere else to run
Help me through the hopeless haze
If you can hold on
I can't even recognise myself behind
Tragic eyes
I wanna stand up, I wanna let go
So if the answer is no
You know, you know - no you don't, you don't
Can I change your mind
I wanna shine on in the hearts of men
And you won't let go
While I ignore, that we both felt like this
Another head aches, another heart breaks
Before it starts to show
I am so much older than I can take
So if I had a chance
And my affection, well it comes and goes
Would you let me know
I need direction to perfection, no no no no
Why aren't you shaking
Help me out
Step back in time
Yeah, you know you got to help me out
And if the answer is no
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the blackburner
Can I change your mind
You know you got to help me out
We're all the same
And when there's nowhere else to run
love is blind
These changes ain't changing me
The cold-hearted boy I used to be
The sun is gone
Before it shines
Yeah, you know you got to help me out
And I said if the answer is no
Can I change your mind
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the blackburner

No comments: