Sunday, March 1, 2009

piano keys, tapped gently.



you bring everything back to me

everything from shoes that fit to mix tapes

every word seems perfectly crafted to mean what you say

'nothing's perfect'

matching sets left in the closet

train tickets resting peacefully, yearning, next to the green stems in water

something in my room smells like paulie

and how can you tell just by looking at me

or are you playing close attention to everything at hand

may's been deep on my mind

crap apple blossoms and new years to come

blood red: eyes, shoes, and hearts

told you already

they're hugging in my shadow

as i leave myself out in the cold for a hurt all over again

she says we wouldn't be having this conversation

if, he was the right one

it's so good to remember what hurts so badly

as you hand me my overly rip earl grey

tears go streaming like shooting stars

aglow

inside my stomach filled with milk and cookies

is it nothing more than a miss matched perfect pair?

and there i go again using that word

something just doesn't fit right

all sides the same color but one

all tossed up with blues, orange, green, and white (red)

how can you get three sides and still be missing the forth

the end to all ends

pass(t) the looking glass and the holy trinity

he says if he disappears it will all have been a lovely dream

nothing gained, nothing lost

stars are resting on the watery steps of heaven

and don't worry for tonight

you'll lose all over again

and even have a headache in the morning

lucky you

why can't i have my cake and eat it too

all my flowers have odd flower petals

he loves me

he loves me

he loves me

he loves me

to think that i could have it all worked out at twenty is unfair

i know that

but it always feels like i'm so close to seeing all the stars

the night sky has to offer

take these chains from my heart

i don't even know if i love you anymore

it's just like something i'm use to

so i keep doing it

23 on the clock and you call

i don't answer

and now you know how everyone else feels

'is it getting colder in here?'

guess the bowl of warm water didn't help too much

No comments: