Thursday, November 19, 2009

Minor Key



slip into my punk rock squatter bed in my room

press repeat and watch my eyes roll back

my heart is heavy watching you pull that beautiful music from yourself

gorgeous and effortless

sunken in my ways, crying into your eyes over something far far away from

our fake empire

masks made out of gardens quivering in their boxes

someone told me a secret last night that's been on my tongue all day

not wanting this to be your song, and yet poisoning you with it

noticing the lack of eye contact between me and the rest of the unsuspecting world

my heart heavy in my hand again, let me toss it to the wind

it's not doing anyone any good here

dream of you screaming down the highway doors open

secret letter on receipts, ingrown circus layers, tea parties to share whippers about me

when the music stopped i expect you to crawl into me

hit repeat


take the long way home thro lost glass slippers

and mopping baby elephants

if i lived in the world i created what would it look like

trees made of lollipops

and rain drops made out of soda. . .

No comments: