Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sometimes Wishing...



White snow blankets all as i soak into my bath of blood

The impossible fades away into distant stars long forgotten

under books filled with love letters and hopeful spiderwebs

am i doomed to play the little match girl?

marred for my sins

you say 'repent'

with that fear in your eyes

you say 'repent'

behind the tears

the coyotes howl to me

in the winter darkness

trickers of the night

come to leer me into the darkness

sweeping up the memory of time

all alone in your fake empire

sweeping the steps

as tumbleweeds kiss my cheeks

don't tell me you'd help...but...

lost and alone

braking nails

and teardrops stained into masa tortillas

incapable of love

talk the talk

but you can't walk the walk

want to slip, brake the glass in my hand say it was an accident

spoken to softly, to soon in the church

doves resting, dead at your feet

i would bring to you a cat's catch if you'd

if you'd.....

snowing falling outside on the pussy willows

i'm cold and empty

trying to love myself

...sometimes hopeless

No comments: