Monday, November 23, 2009

The Snow covered up the grass with her great white cloak, and the Frost painted all the trees silver.




i lay in bed waiting for you to get off work

it's winter again, warm water streaming down my face

same same but different

tell me you don't understand but you just shake your head from side to side

not listening

soft black lines more perfect than my own

knew there was something different about you

but this one isn't as good as the last

no compliments

this is just what rolling around inside my head

dream of that beach

foot prints still in the sand

watching everyone know each other and

sink a little deeper inside my cave of hate

always listening to the A side

A minor

and not wanting to do anything tonight

and you out there, are you thinking of me

what's gonna happen when i'm gone

will you smell my hair on the wind and

hold my memory tight

cat knocks the table over and i shut her up

stir crazy just like me

noticing that i noticed you wishing i'd just passed you by

sometimes my angle sometimes my devil

all that hate is for myself

saving it in a bottle

what am i looking for?

sewing needles, scraps of hair, worn out lullabies

someone new, someone old

all the same underneath pink hair and sassy lips

old writhed hands clacking in the blue light of the computer screen

nails looking like dragon claws

that thing in the room is an elephant

i know it doesn't look or feel like one

but your missing the point

and i dance off down that yellow brick road

when i look back on all this

will i say

god i wanted to leave santa fe

that was hard, and a mistake

what am i doing here

if i'm not here for you

want to sleep it off for 23 years

i haven't become who you are

well read, full of ideas

black and white paint and keys

as i drift under the sea

drinking day in and day out

singing with the skeletons i find on the driftwood

collet seashells with no point

but to clutter your hallway

nothing, had so much potential

no wonder you've lost interest

eat, drink, sleep, fuck, shit

if we create the universe that we live in

am i really so boring

is this all i've come up with ?

sing me to sleep

fingernails underneath my eyelids

wake me when the moon comes up

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want too take some time out Thank all the people for doing what you do and making the community what it is im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.

ShRiek said...

who are you?