Thursday, December 11, 2008

i'm still cold. . .


. . . dancing next to you

humming hallelujah underneath my breath

i don't want you to see me crying

don't tease me with this ethereal belief of love

that no one really has for each other

sleep next to me and hold my hand

i'm pretending?

you tell me i've lost track

everything is slow at 80 miles down the road

i like when your going 100

and 15

20

watch as my head gets blow off

and i hate to think that you'll be a destained memory like may and june, and part of july

so far away from my lips i can't believe i let you touch me

tell me all your dirty secrets it wont change what i've done

i hope i live long enough that there is a bigger mistake than this

if you told me this was life a year ago,

what,

how,

why,

hallelujah

no not like that, i just have a new like for jeff buckley

and the inside of you arms

sh don't tell anyone

. . . it's a secret

your dad hates me

and everything comes rushing back to me

i worry that i'll never be good enough

and i worry i'll kill myself thinking that way

i hate when i fuck up the ending

and yea, i like closing time,

and i'm not talking about tom

and now i mean it

hallelujah

No comments: