Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oh, I can’t get you off my mind.



All alone I bear the shame,
I went and broke my darling's heart
All I do is set an' cry
Do you think that it’s smart to jump from heart to heart?
you have no heart , you have no shame
Just a kid, actin' smart,
I was a fool to wander and astray
I run around in circles
Take these chains from my heart and set me free
I guess that I - should not complain
I guess I was too young to know.
What ev’rybod - y knew but me
. . .
I love you still - you win again.


I used to be the patient kind
I tried to but I couldn’t wait
Left my gal an' left my home.
Oh, heaven only knows how much I miss you
My folks think I’ve gone crazy
And all night long I ’ve cried
Take these tears from my eyes and let me see
The silence of a falling star
And hold you just the way I used to do
I can’t help it if I’m still in love with you


And as I wonder where you are
I'll be locked here in this cell
The midnight train is whining low,
I heard that lonesome whistle blow
No more lookin',
I know I’d still want you.
Till my body's just a shell
Give my heart just a word of sympathy
But I’d be just as blue
No matter what you do
Just a spark of the love that use to be
Go on an break you crazy heart.

No comments: