Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Track 4



my horoscope tells me you might . . .

just might, but my heart has to be pure

i'm waiting for the control to unlock the port in my heart

in the storm you are my destination, in the port,

you are my storm

ripped lyrics, soft goose bumps, and you make everything complicated

i need a metal of chastity

keep all those sweet lies in my own

my eye twitches, and i've lost all interest in anything newish

i want something old, or brand new.

old familiar chills, and knowing you were right.

i don't wanna be peter pan, or anyone else.

can't i just be okay being me

you and i both seemed to think it was okay,

a long time ago

and yeah maybe someday, you can read it

i didn't mean to leave you, but i thought you wouldn't mind

darling

and now i'm lost at sea

wishing for the stars and waves to eat me

click clack down the highway of yellow umbrellas

in my borrowed red ruby slippers

i can't love you the way you want

just go away

cause, your right, we both know how men are

tell me what to hide for you,

diamonds are a girls best friend,

pink wrapped up in the last glass of muggy summers

sitting in the graveyard alone, watching that lightening,

listening for tick tock rolling up the dirt hill,

holding my mouth over my hand

" kiss me "

but the timing wasn't right for you

maybe i like waiting in my secret life

look thro the keyhole

can you see right thro these green eyes of mine?

marbled with bitterness all for you

i haven't done anything bad in far to long

i'm building up to the big hill, with my little rock of fool's gold in hand.

take this phantom heart away from me

i don't need it anymore

No comments: