Thursday, April 10, 2008

i dream of you.



i dream of you and when i wake up there's someone different next to me.

long hair and mere inches of air, wedding vows and stereos made of game boys

i wanna play i never with you and kiss you

speeding down that highway lined with palm trees

you were so young it rarely looked like you



octopus and squid shape shifting

turn colors and battle around my leg

i ask someone if they want to marry me

but who?

my nails were crimson red her eyes were cobalt blue

disorder

my radio

and all these things that i've done



i want to smell you again attached to your smell

not detached, the way i get it now

i'm in love with your after shave and my rubberbands have lost all meaning

i should have put them in the jar before i left

you left me, it's all you ever say



retouched tattoos

new model army

and i think i dreamt about your

dream girl

last night


my hand writing hasn't looked like this since high school

and i'm watching, waiting, at the

station

No comments: