Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk



moody as smoke billows out of black canisters

everything but and dreaming about lost people who i can't touch anymore

so much right and so little wrong, in a strange way all i want is to be alone

this is such a strange feeling for me

consumed up in one other person not wanting to deal with the outside

sounds and goosebumps

dreaming we can just be dreams, i mean friends

thinking about how cute and nice your best friend is

hugs

and how much trouble that got me into last time

my fingertips are dry and dyed

thinking about how good it is just to lay in bed with you

listening to your thoughts

is this it, all over again

why does easter move around?

and what are you doing today?

prickly cold leg hair

waiting, . . .

strawberries and marinating meat

why can i just get along with my friends

and not be a hater

can't wait for crap apple blossoms a new

why is there no doubt in my mind

you'll be there

the titanic was unsinkable

good thing i'm a little over weight

can't wait to get burned into submission

taking over the nature inside me

it's a strange retaliation

are we still best friends?

or have we replaced each other?

secret gardens, easter baskets, and wondering

wondering if i'll ever fall in love with you

and what happens if i can't?

will i burn all your mix tapes?

throw away all your files?

do i really have the need to bury people so much?

maybe i should just take my own advice and know

someday all my feelings for you will just faded away

leaving me a little more on empty than

the hole i started with

No comments: