Monday, March 22, 2010

ō-fēl'yə



and with that she threw the book into the ocean

and floated away, never to be spoken of again

down that spiral stair case

when you once pushed her in love

you were young then

locked in the bathroom breathing heavily

into the face of words and letters meanings unknown

and they took you to therapy

scared to listen to you

always to afraid to show the love

it's since winter

endless as i wonder thro the giant's secret garden

were you once kissed me

but i was young then

like we all once were

ribbons in my hair and the taste of her sweet on your brow

i was strong then, knowing you truth from your lies

it's the first time, replicants and chosen memories

break down on the stairs broken legs underneath all that hate

it was all so hard, and you prayed we wouldn't turn our hate on each other

we sing in our different broken octaves

caress your hair and you pretend not to notice

wondering what it would feel like to reach out and touch his hand

watch everyone drive by, looking over your useless belongings

could be back, on that lonely day walking thro the crap apple blossoms

wishing you were close to me, but there's a place for us

i thought i was gonna die

but i didn't and here i am

still and torn up with egg on my face and hate in my heart

i'd try to give it to anyone else, but it wouldn't be fair

it's always been for me

i had you even tricked, didn't want you to leave me

just like everyone had before

but then you went away and didn't even say goodbye

drive me to the dump throw me over into the rumble

i'm nothing but broken bones and tangled up love

No comments: