Sunday, August 10, 2008

fork off

i feel like i'm standing at the cosmic fork of life

with everyone i've known or know

loved or hated

the ultimate limbo has rested on my shoulders

asking

"serena, which will you choose, who is it gonna be

which you are you gonna pick"

love will tear us apart

again

jett says i'm making a mountain out of a mole hill

and the day before

08 08 08

i realize what my number is

and it's the same as yours

you keep telling me that you love me

i love you

and i keep wondering if you

love me

or are in love with me

megafaun

lazy suicide

the ways you rang in my ears

all those hot bothereds and late atomic filled nights

kiss her goodnight from me

and take this lonely wonderer away from my home

it's the stranger song

soft on my new lips

and why did i kiss you

it hurt a little

so back to the fork

up or down

to be alone?

i guess i could leave you all at the cross roads

pick the road not taken yet

ride my bike pass all those volcanic kissed pants

to the cemetery of lost boys and queasy stomachs

what if it was me who got rapped instead

would i do it, to make. . .

nevermind

i never knew what you wanted for yourself

gotta pee

and my knee burns

he says my chances are better than ever

but we all know that doesn't really mean much

why do i always stay to the breaking point

i could get up and leave in the middle of the night

and then you'd be the one left holding the bucket

it's not true

i want to be respected

and that's where it all doesn't work

i need to know the respect of my own

so that i use you

and you don't dare use me

i don't want to be your girlfriend

i want to be your equal

tell me which path you wanna take with me

lead me away from the chelsea hotel

i hate this sentence i've given myself

i know you can't and won't

your right i need to do this on my own

i'm tired of the skipping from rock to rock

when i should be skipping rocks instead

walk on the water with me

it's a fork in the road

but more like the way i use to draw trees

the split is different for everyone

and i don't even know where to begin

No comments: