Sunday, February 28, 2010

I.(t) could be sweet



sweet soft honey thro the open curtains of your living room

did you really want?

lost looking into your eyes of perfect hazel

is anyone still reading this?

close your eyes look away

this is not that man you seek the boys put up on pedestals

lonely puppy eyes thro the windows that mark your heart

fearing the fading of the music in the distance night

so close i can taste it so far away i can hear it

looking for myself in the empty crowd

lost and lonely out at sea with nothing more than my compass heart to guide me

no body loves me

not like you do

roll your number over my tongue flip my phone closed

your not who i'm thinking i am

sacred hearts on your arms and now your all grown up

isn't it interesting the way that time shifts and folds things

makes the impossible possible

and then. . .

not again

little mood music for you

my house of nails speaks to me

whispers things you can only imagine in your head

wishing i could check into the chelsea hotel

staying one night or two

just one

the disheveled map up in the air, the fading light, the place where the grass once went

and the time you tell me it's all to loud and you can't hear yourself anymore

tomato paste and missing photographs

kitten chewed flowers and shaking hands in the middle of the night

no one can see inside your view

wonder if that's how it was supposed to go, all along

what is this magic potion the wizard of good and evil carries for you in his pouch

why do you think you need it so

what do you lust after if only to lust

and why are you boots in my room

that i've been wondering for days now

locked up and playing hide and seek inside my veins

walk me thro the graveyard

funeral procession of lilies and your first name

my hands grown cold, licking the paint off your eyes

once envied now scorned

i don't want to hurt you

guilty cracking my knuckles at you

she's just can't fill that role in my heart

like playing your music to loud, or moping in your room

it's soft and gentle making you go thro all the motions

late, and soon after

licking the sweat out of your eyes

sucking dick and never getting head

couch.

whiskey dick

and i don't wanna lose what . . .

last time your leaving

black and white and a month

a fucking month

god what am i gonna do

try a little harder

it could be sweet

teardrops in my penny loafers

and it never works the way you think it's going to

easier, harder i need another drink

all these memories wrapped in paper waiting to be untied for the jaded tree

where they vacation and it never happens

locked in the dollhouse of your soul

that beautiful redhead, who got away

and then the night, you get the phone call and the

wait, it will be all over

lost again in the blink of an hour glass

lost, how many times can you say it till isn't true against the pale blue sky

i find myself falling in love, in little ways with strangers that aren't that strange

passing and leaving trains to my heart, dead stop and watching the clock tick slowly by

in my lovely lonely little world i've built all for my lonesome

i tell you not to worry i tell myself not to fret

i tell you not to forget but you already have

long from the start

crap apple blossoms

and mac

beautiful women pouring over garden leafs

i thought i was gonna die in the loneliness i took over in my life

burn marks and new boys

poisoning myself to sleep

cause i'm still feeling lonely

and then it stops

and i'm left all alone

No comments: